Monday 30 June 2014

June Favourites


Hello, everybody! My posts have sort of turned in to a monthly thing now which is good and bad. Good because I have more to write about, bad because only 12 posts a year is pretty boring! I've come to grips with the fact that I am an awfully inconsistent person so there will be no fixed schedule for my blog! 
Anyway! Without further ado, these are my monthly favourites for June.

Makeup

This month I have actually been wearing minimal amounts of skin make up (foundation, concealer, etc) and it has done my skin wonders! Instead, I will wake up, wash my face or use a fresh make up wipe, pat it dry, apply a small amount of matte powder and contour then continue with my eye make up.
My favourite make up look this month has been using subtle enhancements. For example I will use simplistic eye shadows (browns, nudes or pale greys) but boost it with a pair of fake eyelashes. Using highlighter on your T-zone and brow bones also work as a great enhancement.
This is an example of the look I explained above

I would HIGHLY recommend Benefit's 'Hoola' contour powder, it works amazingly at its job and creates an incredible shadow effect under the cheekbones. For a highlighter, No.7's Illuminating Lotion adds a gorgeous shimmer to your face without looking too much. Instead of spending needless amounts of money on expensive eyelashes, I usually enjoy (dare I say it) Primark fake eyelashes. Eyelure's glue works a tad better but other than that the quality is fab and lasts just as long as any Eyelure pair that I would've usually used.

Music

I had been looking forward to June all of this year because it is the month that North Devon have their only festival; how sad! But yes, Oceanfest came to Croyde as it does every year and I got to enjoy some brilliant music in the most beautiful setting and company. I was so so happy because I got to see Natty; one of my all time favourite male artists! I also watched the likes of Nina Nesbitt, Newton Faulkner and King Charles, all of which are featured in the playlist/gathering of songs below. Simply click on the song to listen. Hope you enjoy!

Afrika / Natty 
The Hardest Part / Nina Nesbitt
Yonce/Partrition / Beyonce 
Pills N Potions / Nicki Minaj
Hear You Me / JIMMY EAT WORLD
Do My Thang / Miley Cyrus
Dream Catch Me / Newton Faulkner
Bedroom Eyes / Natty 
Habits / Tove Lo
Keep Our Love Alive / Afrojack
FU / Miley Cyrus
All Of The Stars / Ed Sheeran

Memories and Moments

This is just going to be a little gallery of some of my favourite memories of June, or small moments I really appreciated. I might also add in some quotes and little memoirs. Sort of trialling this right now so bare with me!

Spending time with my girl Georgie


Spending time in the sun, especially with my family



Attending Goldcoast Oceanfest

''Not everything is always going to be okay in the end, and that is the hard truth.''

Practising and improving my makeup skills

''Holding on to nothing is easier than letting go'' - Nina Nesbitt (The Hardest Part)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment